In Georgia, O.C.G.A. 40-5-121 lays out the offense and penalties regarding suspended licenses. Suspended license is a VERY SERIOUS offense.
If you are convicted of driving on a suspended license, the MANDATORY MINIMUM penalties on a first offense are:
- Imprisonment not less than two (2) days nor more than twelve (12) months;
- Fine no less than $500.00 nor more than $1,000.00;
- Mandatory fingerprinting is forwarded to Ga. Crime Information Center;
- Extension of License Suspension for additional six (6) months;
- $210.00 reinstatement fee at end of additional six (6) suspension period;
- Court confiscation of drivers license when convicted;
- 2nd and 3rd offense penalties: HIGH AND AGRAVATED MISDEMEANOR, ten (10) days Jail, $1,000.00 to $2,500.00 fine, six (6) month suspension, $310.00-$410.00 reinstatement fee;
- 4th and subsequent offense penalties: FELONY-Imprisonment for not less than one (1) year nor more than five (5) years and a $2,500.00 to $5,000.00 fine.
Driving privileges can be suspended for many different reasons. For example if you are convicted of a DUI or drug offense, your license or privilege to drive in the State of Georgia will be suspended. If you fail to appear for court or you drive without valid driving privileges you may also face suspended license penalties.
If you have been charged with O.C.G.A. 40-5-121 Driving on a suspended license, you need to be represented by an experienced traffic court defense lawyer. Having experienced counsel during this critical period is essential.
Atlanta Suspended License Lawyer Thomas C. Nagel has been representing clients charged with Drivers License Violations for over 25 years. In many cases I am able to help you get your Georgia Drivers License or driving privileges restored. In many cases I can get your charges reduced and even dismissed. That means getting your license back and avoiding harsh penalties, jail time and further suspension of your driving privileges.
Stop worrying and get answers to your questions . If you are interested in a private and confidential consultation, call me now to discuss your case. Attorney's fees are competitive, major credit cards are accepted, and payment plans are available.
Regardless of how bad you think your case is, BEFORE you face the judge, call Thomas C. Nagel 404-255-1600 to arrange your free consultation today.